Re: [Shop-talk] Machinery's Handbook? (was Metric Hardware);

To: "'Gerald Brazil'" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>, "'nick brearley'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Machinery's Handbook? (was Metric Hardware);
From: "paul mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:22:58 -0400
[paul mele] <When making my choice a few years back I opted for the print
version because
on resource books like this, I derive a lot of "incidental learning" as I am
trying to find something. It just doesn't seem to work the same way with
CDs....Also, the book with lots of greasy finger prints on it is much more
impressive than a scruffy CD.

Oh, BTW....for all of your aging Boomers out there, the LARGE PRINT edition
is worth the extra money.[paul mele] >

[paul mele]
As a pack-rat with 2 buildings full of crap to prove it, I find it hard to
make the choice, so I try to justify both options: browsing increases my
learning; the CD is easier to search for related topics and cross ref's.
And, yes, the bifocals are great, but big print is even better.