Re: [Shop-talk] crown molding

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] crown molding
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:23:37 -1200
> Is there a proportional ratio between the ceiling height
> and the height of  the crown molding.

What ever looks good to your eye.

> also this will be my first attempt at crown so hints and
> suggestions are  welcome.

Cut the moulding upside down - i.e. place it in your mitre
saw such that the top of the moulding in on the table of the
saw (horizontal surface) and the wall edge is against the
fence (vertical part).

Plan your joints so that any slight imperfections are not
visible from the 'entrance' of the room. Make the final
joints/mitres in the least visible corner (say above/behind
the 'entrance').

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
Login from home, work, school.  Anywhere!