Re: [Shop-talk] ChemAire pricing

To: "wmc_st@xxiii.com" <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] ChemAire pricing
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:22:59 -0700
Last time I checked the pipe was not much more expensive then copper.   The
upside is the install time has to be less sweating copper.

My friend has his garage plumbed with PVC.  One winter he hit the PVC pipe
with  a ladder and it did shatter, but that is the only time I have ever
heard of this and it was caused by an impact.

On 8/18/07, wmc_st@xxiii.com <wmc_st@xxiii.com> wrote:

> Here's a web site with pricing on that "ChemAire" piping.  Yeah, it's
> expensive.  Might actually be worth it.  On the other hand, I've seen
> numerous industrial and professional shops done with plain PVC and I
> haven't heard of any pipe explosions.
>
> http://www.plasticdepots.com/c-345-compressed-180psi-air-piping.aspx
>
>   -Wayne

Vote for Team Death Trap at
http://www.redbullsoapboxusa.com/Seattle-2007/wildcard.aspx each day and
vote for until Aug. 8th and forward this onto anyone who can help spread the
word.