Re: [Shop-talk] Freon 22

To: chad@linuxeg.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Freon 22
From: paul.mele@usermail.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:00:21 -0600 (MDT)
I think this is obvious, but just to be sure...
a mixture can be 100 % alkanes, but contain 0% propane

Dichlorodifluoromethane (R-12), usually sold under the brand name Freon-12
Refrigerant, R-22 (Chlorodifluoromethane)

the MSDS, lisiting a medical point of view, is accurate enough to list
composition as 100% alkanes.

the enivironment and/ or compressors will see each compound differently.

Let's see if someone else comes up with the actual compound(s) in these
new compounds

Paul Mele, MD