Re: [Shop-talk] Oetiker clamps

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oetiker clamps
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:59:21 -0700
> Anyone recommend a source for Oetiker ear-type clamps (the things
> customarily seen on CV boots, steering-rack boots, some ball joints,
> etc.) in quantities < 100pc, particularly in > 1.5in sizes?

McMaster-Carr has them to 3-3/4"
http://www.mcmaster.com/
"Pkg qty" is either 25 or 10, depending on size.  Usually they will break a
package for an extra charge, if you ask; but since none of those packages
are over $15, it hardly seems worth it.

And I'm sure you're aware that, for many applications, a nylon tie-wrap
works just as well.  Main caveat is temperature, common ones are only good
to 185F or so, but there are "harsh environment" ones good to over 300F.
But they can be easily daisy-chained together to form a clamp as long as you
would like.

Randall