[Shop-talk] Walkie-talkies

To: 'Shop-Talk List' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Walkie-talkies
From: Charlie Schlismann <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:20:22 -0700 (PDT)
I need to communicate with the guys in the shop that
pays my bills.  I had the bright idea of two-way
radios but am overwhelmed by the information I've
gotten from the Internet.

This is an old solid masonry factory (61,000 sq. ft.
w/2 stories) with a couple of smaller, brick-walled
interior shops. Eight to ten of us are roaming within
a 40,000 sq.ft. area on the bottom floor 95% of the
time.

Need something light enough to be in a pocket or
holstered.  We run and gun in a flourescently lit
metal fab shop with arc welders, spot welders, cnc
machines, etc.  Lots of buss ducts, too.

I'd like to get something relatively cheap, easily
replaceable and workable in our environment.

Too, I need to to bill it by Friday (end of our fiscal
year).

TIA for any help.  Charlie

#71 MiDiv F500