Re: [Shop-talk] MIG Welders 115 v vs 220v

To: <nogera@worldnet.att.net>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] MIG Welders 115 v vs 220v
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:17:08 -0700
Bob,

A 220 will allow for you to weld thicker material.  See the manufacturers
web sites for actual values.

Please also check out Miller, Hobart and Lincoln (in no real order of
preference) as Harbor Freight welders are not nearly the same now, as what
you own. Any of these three brands can be considered interchangeable with
regard to quality and features.  They will be slightly different, but
essentially the same quality and performance and most importantly spare
parts will be available, both now and into the foreseeable future.

Jack