Re: [Shop-talk] completely unrelated swimming pool questions...

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] completely unrelated swimming pool questions...
From: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:37:34 -0500
We have the salt system on ours and it's been great - The number one problem
most people have is they put to much salt in - (same with chlorine based
system) Ours is a concrete pool, no liner, so I don't know how much
difference that would make.  We run the pump about 4 hrs a day, to keep the
pool clean and generate the chlorine form the salt.  At first I used the
Hobart skimmer that sucked all the debris into the filter system, but a
couple of years ago I bought one of the turbobots that has it's own bag, and
it really is a lot easier, I just pitch it in once or twice a week
(depending on if there is stuff in the bottom) and it's done in about 3
hours, and the bag is much easier to clean than the filter on the pump, plus
it keeps all the really fine stuff from going into the DE filter.

We have a heater also, but use mainly in the winter.