Re: [Shop-talk] Source (or alternative) for Phosphoric Acid

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Source (or alternative) for Phosphoric Acid
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:11:11 -0500 (CDT)
There's another product that I've been very happy with, OSPHO. See more at
 http://www.ospho.com/
It's basically an aqueous solution of phosphoric acid, at 45 weight percent.
It pours/sprays like water. I had some old, very rusted Triumphs wheels that I
sprayed with Ospho. I let it sit for a day then rinsed with water. They ended
up sitting on my humid, warm garage floor for about 7 years here in Texas, and
no rust ever showed up again.

You can order bulk (4 gallons for $119) from the web site, smaller quantities
at the retail outlets listed on the web site.

 - Lee