Re: [Shop-talk] Update: Remote electric meter readout

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Update: Remote electric meter readout
From: Michael Lye <mlye@risd.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:31:01 -0400
A lot of the "occupancy sensor" type switches have exactly this
feature with the benefit that they will sense if you're in the space
and not turn of the lights until some time after you've left. Search
for that term and you'll find many types that might meet your needs.
Some have the feature that they require you to manually turn the
light on but the light will go out automatically and be ready for the
next time you want to turn it on. Others go on and off automatically.
Prices vary but residential units aren't too expensive. They just
replace the usual wall switch with a motion detector switch.

HTH,

Michael