Re: [Shop-talk] metal cutting carbide blade

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "'shop-talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] metal cutting carbide blade
From: "Paul Mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:21:22 -0400
<Subject: [Shop-talk] metal cutting carbide blade>

Not exactly what you're asking, but I did do a blurb on the DeWalt
metal-cutting carbide chop saw several years ago when I bought mine.
It will make you leave the abrasive saw for field work cutting rebar or
other non-critical work.  The speed and precision with square tubing and
angle iron (a favorite for fabrication projects) saves so much time in the
project.

I do note that my saw has a reduction gear...the blade probably turns around
1200 RPM (I'd need to go look to be sure).  Hence, the $100 blade for this
saw would likely overheat at the abrasive-blade's speed.

Perhaps the blade you mention is happy at the higher speed.  If you can't
"adapt", I definitely look at the whole new saw set up, as you'll save lots
of time, and probably money, in the long run.

PM