Re: [Shop-talk] Does the ground ground?

To: JAMES STONE <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Does the ground ground?
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:51:42 -0500
I wouldn't count on it.  A real ground has a long copper rod driven in to
provide a low-resistance attachment to the earth.  The concrete is a good
insulator, and unless the pole extends a considerable distance below the
concrete and is not corroded, the fixture is not grounded.  At least not enough
to be considered a safety ground.

Donald.