Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:10:03 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> Ibm wondering if the married guys here want to give up some secrets to
> avoiding issues like these in the future.

Have kids.  Neither of you will have time to do anything any more.*

> Any yes, I know that bif she really loves me, shebll understand.b
> Ibm just looking for the gems of wisdoms from everyone there thatbs
> been there.

Personally, I'm not as much of a believer in the whole "If you really love
me, you'll ignore that I'm screwed up in your eyes" thing.  That works ok
for stuff like leaving your underwear on the floor or the toilet seat up,
but not so much for stuff that really matters.

Sounds to me like she'll either need to be ok working on her own projects
by herself like you are, or she'll need to want to help out with yours
(and you'll need to want that too).  Otherwise you're probably in for a
hassle.  Maybe its a hassle worth going through with a good ending, but
it'll be a hassle.

Mark

* Btw, even though I pretty much don't seem to have time to get anything
done any more, I still am _extremely_ glad we had a kid!  :-)  The only
thing I'd change would be to be rich, so that when I can't work on
something in the garage, I can pay someone else to do it.  :-)