Re: [Shop-talk] wheel balancers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] wheel balancers
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:41:09 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, David Scheidt wrote:
> The big differences in wheel balancers are, until you get up into the
> road force balance ones, are mostly ones of capacity -- how big a wheel
> can it work on, how wide or narrow a wheel, how big a combination, how
> heavy?  -- and speed and ease of use.  A machine that rotates the tire
> to the right position to install the next weight, and then locks it
> there saves a bunch of time.

So accuracy shouldn't be affected?  I'm not needing to bang out a ton of
mountings per day, so if the differences (past capacity) are all in the
"easier/faster to use" area like rotating the wheels for me, I'll just get
the cheaper one.

What's the heaviest wheel I'm likely to want to balance?  What's something
like a 1 ton dually wheel/tire weigh?

Mark