Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Ear Muffs with Built-In Radio Tuners

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Ear Muffs with Built-In Radio Tuners
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 14:04:38 -0500
Tom,

The Radioshack site does not mention outside noise attenuation.  Most of the
muffs I've been looking at have noise reduction ratings in the 20's.  Would
you say these Radioshack muffs would be effective when you're running a big
Stihl chainsaw or running around on a 110 HP tractor at high idle?  I guess
when I said 'mow the lawn' I knew what I was talking about (BIG lawn, so BIG
lawnmower), but most people probably imagine a small garden tractor.

-Paul