Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 13:04:02 -0800
At 12:32 AM 12/1/2007 -0500, David Scheidt wrote:
>On Dec 1, 2007 12:13 AM, Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net> wrote:
> > At 08:11 PM 11/30/2007 -0800, Jack Brooks wrote:
> > ><LOL>  Yeah, I bought it new from a shop that refilled on site, so I just
> > >assumed I'd always have my pretty new cylinder.  I moved and all the shops
> > >here swap because they don't fill on site.  I do believe they sell the
> gnome
> > >created tanks.  I do miss my shiny new tank though.  <sniff, sniff>
> >
> > I exchanged for a new oxygen tank this year.  Fresh paint, shiny brass,
> > and even new rubber bands so the tanks don't clang together.
> >

>Was it new, or just a new valve?

I dunno.  Nicest tank I've ever seen but not worth doing a forensic
investigation.  What we're talking about is the luck of the draw, you
expect a good valve and anything else is a plus.

What I really liked about this topic is the idea of refinishing an exchange
tank before it enters the shop.  In my dreams my vehicles always get the
best care, win all the prizes, and the shop is some sort of Garage Mahal.

The reality is that I'm pretty sure the world shakes its head at my attempts.
The lesson learned is that you can hope that luck gives you the shiny bottle
or you can do what ever it takes to ensure you have the shiny bottle.  One
more example of things I hadn't even considered until I read it here.  I will
never be able to look at a bottle in the same way.

(I'm headed out to the garage to neaten up just a bit..)