Re: [Shop-talk] fishing water line

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] fishing water line
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:37:58 -0600
Not my theory.  Watts (the maker of my current RO system) says that the
water is "hungry" and will over time eat away copper lines.

http://www.wattspremier.com/watts/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=29&DID=15
Why Not Use Copper Tubing For The Line To The Icemaker?
Due to R.O. water being very pure, it is what is known as "hungry water."
R.O. water can leach the minerals out of the copper tubing and may cause a
metallic taste in the ice cubes and over a period of time, the copper tubing
can develop pinhole leaks.

My current watermaker line is copper too - I abandoned that poly line and
went back to the copper line I've used to transmit RO water for 18 years
now.  But I will change it one day, I guess.

Karl