Re: [Shop-talk] insulating a pole building

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] insulating a pole building
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:49:27 -0500
The spray on does a great job of sealing the wall as well - zero air
infiltration after that.  It's more expensive for materials but the
labor cost is much cheaper since it's so quick.  If you're doing the
work yourself, it can be more $.  2x6 will be good for the partition
for the extra insulating space but depending on the outside walls,
may be unneeded.  Would be a more stable wall too, if that matters to you....

At 12/11/2007 at 20:55, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Dan and Jenny
Fest (Coles Nurseries Inc)'s keyboard and said:
>    We recently built a 50x70 pole barn and want to partition off half for a
>shop.  The ceilings are 16 ft.  Does anyone have any advice on insulating it
>?? Sides are the metal sheeting.  For the partition I thought we'd frame it up
>with 2x6s.  Does anyone have any thoughts on spray insulation vs. other types
>??
>Thanks,
>Dan

Cheers!