Re: [Shop-talk] About the well & water pressure & life sucking

To: ericm@lne.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] About the well & water pressure & life sucking
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:42:53 -0600
Pressure tanks that are out of air (either a hole in the diaphragm or
all the air dissolved into the water) usually cause the pump to cycle on
and off rapidly, at least that is how my pond irrigation pump acts when
the diaphragm ruptured. This does not sound to me like it is the
problem. One way to find out is to turn off the pump and fill the bath
tub and see how much water you get out before the water shuts off. That
will be the capacity of the tank. The tank should have some markings on
it to say what its capacity is. The capacity of my tank is about half of
what you would expect that size tank to hold due to the air.

Peace,
Pat

   Thusly spake ericm@lne.com:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001