Re: [Shop-talk] Mega Penetrant continued

To: <chad@LinuxEG.com>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mega Penetrant continued
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:39:37 -0600
I have tried the CRC Freeze-Off and was very unimpressed. It was only one
situation - exhaust manifold bolts - and I ended up using
the entire can - but they broke anyway.

The usual penetrants are applied with just enough to get everything wet, then
wait while the work. Freeze-Off suggests you spray for
at least 10 to 15 seconds so the cooling effect has a chance to work. Guess it
takes a while to cool down the bolt. Which means a
lot of stuff seemed to go all over.

Otheres may have had better luck but I will not be getting another can unless I
get formal training in how to properly use it ;-{

Arvid