Re: [Shop-talk] recovering kitchen counter

To: <chad@linuxeg.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] recovering kitchen counter
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:37:41 -0800
Chad,
Your circular saw should do just fine.  I was able to cut counter top
material with mine. used masking tape along the finish side of the cut to
help reduce chipping.  The hardest part was getting a clean cut up the
splash guard, so play with a little scrap first.  The dealer for your
material should also be able to sell you an end kit which is "iron on" to
finish the ends of the top.  A flush cutting router bit will come in handy
here to make it follow the shape of your top.   If you need to fit into a
corner get pre mitered top (right and left).  Believe me they can make a
more accurate 45 deg cut than you can.
Hal
-