Re: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive TIG welders(was: Grizzly Metal Cutter)

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, "Shop-Talk List"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive TIG welders(was: Grizzly Metal Cutter)
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:03:02 -0600
That's it - it's $2395 "on sale" now.  I think that everything is always "on
sale" though.  They'll send you a catalog - lots of good tools throughout it
too, as well as consumables (contact tips, liner tubes, gas nozzles, etc.)
for most Miller / Hobart, Lincoln, etc. MIG and TIG machines.  And if you've
bought weldable primer from a local body shop supplier, chances it was
theirs.

When you get the catalog, you have to look it over well to find all the
tools (the MIG tip cleaner is neat, along with the tip spray).  The
catalog's organization is a little confusing - but maybe it makes sense to
them.  Different MIG and TIG tools are spread across at least 3 different
places, so it can be hard to find an item.

Nice people.  Little company.  The TIG DVD is great, although pricy at
$29.95 and it spends some time showing off that machine's particular
features.  Still I've watched it a few times, and I'm taking a TIG class
there a week from tomorrow, not because I'm necessarily ever buying one of
their machines, but TIG is fun and I don't have a TIG machine to play with -
yet.

Their MIG video isn't as expensive and it isn't as good.  The best part
about it is the demonstration of many of their MIG machine's neat
accessories.  THAT was impressive, and maybe makes worth watching the MIG
DVD after all...

Karl