[Shop-talk] dry cut metal saw

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] dry cut metal saw
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:00:50 -0600
I don't know if this qualifies as a "tip or trick" or more of a tool
recommendations.

Back a few months ago a member of the Ford site I frequent  told me about a
dry cut metal saw blade that could replace an abrasive blade in a chop saw.
They can handle the chop saw speed. They are made by Bullet Industries.  The
14" model (chop saw size) is about 50 bucks.  I ordered and finally got to
install tonight.

clamped in a piece of 2x2x<" angle iron and dropped the blade down.. It
almost fell thru the metal !!!  If you've used a chop saw you know about
pressure on the blade and the mess it makes.  Only the lightest pressure is
needed...just let the blade do the work.  It's like a hot knife thru soft
butter..  The output was very fine chips of metal that pretty much stay
close to where you're cutting and not floating around in the air and up your
nose like the abrasive dust.

I can't say anything about longevity yet, but for speed of cut and ease of
cut this is the best I've found... check them out below.  If you do a lot of
fabricating and cutting... this really seems like the way to go....

http://www.bulletindustries.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/99_144/products_id/784

john

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.