Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:00:13 -0500
I hope there comes a time when the majority of people that are taking of
advantage of new technologies out there, give some thought to how they will
affect their lives, and take the extra precautions to make sure they aren't
leaving themselves vulnerable.

Security is a mindset, and these days it certainly doesn't hurt to think that
way about everything.  It makes me wonder if leaving your network wide open
means you've already assumed that most likley nothing bad will happen and it
won't be you that gets duped whether it be that link in an email you just
received or posting personal information on your myspace page...

WPA encryption won't do any good if I already have access to your machine via
some other attack and I'm reading the key directly off your hard drive.

PJ