[Shop-talk] Digital Calibers

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Digital Calibers
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:48:48 -0600
  The digital calibers that have severed me well for several years started
acting weird so, just like when I was 8 years old and my mothers clock
stopped working, I decided to open it up and see how it works.
Looking at the internals, I could find nothing that would give any notion as
to how movement of the lower jaw could be translated in to a measurement.
In my quest to find a question that can stump this group, anyone know how
these digital calibers actually work?

Bob Nogueira  ( who magically got them working again after reassembly,
unlike my mothers clock)