Re: [Shop-talk] induction heater

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] induction heater
From: Hard Hat <hardhat@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:21:22 -0600
Skip,

Also take a look at The Inductor products at http://www.theinductor.com/

They have an excellent video on their website that clearly shows how these
types of flameless heaters work.

I have personally used a couple of their different kits - the MiniDuctor
and the Inductor MAX.  They work flawlessly and I can not stress how big a
time saver they are - especially when you are working around flammable
locations on vehicles where an open flame style heater is deadly.  They
have MULTIPLE attachments available to help concentrate the heat to the
part and avoid heating other parts or areas that you want to avoid.  The
company has been around for a number of years, the products are very well
built and have great after purchase support.

I have not personally used the OTC product, but understand it has only been
out now for about 6 months.  As with most OTC products they are normally
well built and have decent after purchase support.

- Sean