Does it look like it's worth saving? Is it a Fluke or similar? If
it's a cheapy, I'd just toss it. If it's expensive, I'd spray
everything down with contact cleaner and let it dry a couple times,
replace the fuse, put a new battery in, and see what it does.
I had a friend that put his work pager through the wash. He managed
to get it working again by just removing the battery and drying it out
thoroughly, but it died a month or two later. Probably not a
On 2/3/08, firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> wrote:
> so it appears someone left a multimeter at the new house at some point int he
>last few weeks. I called everybody that was out here and none of them are
>claiming it. so I guess I've got a new multimeter.
> but it was left outside in the rain, and when I turned it over, water
>literally flooded out. I took it apart, removed the old battery and cloudy
>fuses and looked it over. looks like a little corrosion and some whitish goo
>in some places.
> so...can I save it? and any advice on how? blast it with water repellent or
> thanks in advance.
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> You are subscribed as firstname.lastname@example.org
> Shop-talk mailing list
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Shop-talk mailing list