Re: [Shop-talk] air operated grease guns.

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] air operated grease guns.
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:44:22 -0500
Bob Spidell wrote:

> For (probably) less than $20, get one of the small,
> "pistol-grip" cartridge greasers.  They don't hold
> a lot of grease--maybe enough to do your Tahoe
> twice--but you only need one hand to operate, and
> you don't have to fire up your compressor.

Bob beat me to it.  I've been using one for at least 20 years.  I don't
have many grease fitting to use them on, but it works great.  I have a
hose on the gun, so I push the fitting on with one hand, and pump with
the "pistol-grip" with the other.  It works just fine.  I still have my
old "big" pump handle grease gun, and I never use it simply because it's
more cumbersome.

At the very least get the small one for the hard to reach fitting.

Tim Mullen