Re: [Shop-talk] Removing chuck from drill motor

To: <Carscarscarz@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removing chuck from drill motor
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:29:37 -0800
> I have a Dewalt DW100 drill. I would like to replace the
> chuck but can't figure out how to remove it. Can anyone offer
> any help?

I don't know anything about that model in particular; but generally you have
to open the chuck jaws all the way, then remove the left-hand screw that is
inside.  Most likely Allen head, but might be slotted/Philips.  Then put the
chuck key in, and smack it with a hammer to break the chuck loose on it's
right-hand threads.

Randall