Re: [Shop-talk] press brake adapter?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] press brake adapter?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:39:54 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Mike Rambour wrote:
> I got mine from this guy about 2 years ago
>

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10in-H-FRAME-PRESS-BRAKE-METAL-BENDER-W-LOWER-V-DIE_W0QQitemZ320237678948QQihZ011QQcategoryZ63697QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> If the link breaks up in e-mail its e-bay item 320237678948
>
> I got a 20" one and it was less than $150 with shipping at the time, I
> notice his 10" is now getting up there in price, so may the 20" would be
> near Northern's price also.

Interesting...

Any chance you'd be willing to take some detailed pics and/or do some
describing for me?  I'm thinking I should just make one of these vs.
buying one...  Seems like a fairly straight forward milling/welding
project.

In particular I'm interested in the dimensions (and the v-angle most
importantly) of the ram.  Also wondering if the slide pins are just metal
on metal with some grease or something more complicated.  From the various
descriptions I've read, the lower die is a 90 deg V, right?  What's the
top distance between the V legs?

Thanks!

Mark