[Shop-talk] Fw: Air Hose Reel

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: Air Hose Reel
From: <shochschild@att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:50:04 -0500
 I have never needed 75' inside the garage.  I bought a Harbor Freight
 retractable reel with a goodyear rubber hose and it works fine for me, and
at
 a fraction of the price...

 I, like Tim, also have a windup reel by the outside of the garage for when
 need to have air outside on the driveway, and I have another huge long
rubber hose coiled up
 on a garden hose hanger for the one time I wanted air all the way across
the lawn.

 I also have a retractable power cord and a retractable neon trouble light.
 I'll bet I got all of the above for less than the price of the one you
linked to...

I also have an easy solution to the pressure fall-off with longer hoses or
1/4" connectors.  I have a portable 5 gallon tank that has both a feed
connector and an 8' output hose that I carry to the work.  It is between the
long hose that goes back to the compressor and the tool and acts as local
storage or a sort of capacitor.  In between the times I use the tool it
recharges back up to full pressure and delivers it to the tool.  It is
easier to use than to explain, actually.  I don't use it inside the garage,
just when I work outside.