[Shop-talk] cheap ni-cad packs for tools

To: shop-talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] cheap ni-cad packs for tools
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:43:04 -0400
I have an older Ryobi 12v drill, prob getting on 10 years old. Last time
the battery packs died a few years back, it was cheaper to buy another
that came with a new battery pack.

So now I have two Ryobi 12v drills, (one brand-new, never used) and no
good battery packs. News ones are $40 + shipping.

Anyway, I notice that Harbor Freight has an 18v battery pack on sale for
$10. Thats a REALLY cheap source of sub-c nicads! I bought one, took it
apart, and used it's cells to rebuild one of my Ryobi packs. It's
charging now... If it works out, I'll buy another and rebuild the other
two packs...

--

Marc