Re: [Shop-talk] stair treads

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] stair treads
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:30:15 -0500
*I bought a 30" sheet-metal brake a couple of years back so naturally,  I'm
attuned to sheet-metal solutions for problems.  It occurs to me that a set
of c-shaped caps that would snap over the treads for winter could solve your
problem . . A tin shop could bend them up for cheap and the small size would
let them use "drops" from other jobs.  If the caps were only 24 inches wide,
it would conserve tin;  2 rows of caps from a 48" sheet.  Apply  2 inch
traction tape to the edge.  Come summer, snap them off and you have your
redwood to enjoy.*
*Tony in Texas*
*(maybe once a year snow)*