Re: [Shop-talk] Welders

To: Bill Gingerich <bill@gingerich.us>, 'Shop-Talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welders
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:04:16 -0700 (PDT)
About 8 years ago I bought the higher-end 120-volt
Lincoln MIG welder to do some repairs on my Spitfire.
It has the continuously-variable voltage feature.
I recommend that for British cars, which have thinner
sheet metal than most cars.  Naturally you will want a
gas bottle and regulator, since flux-core is messier
on thin work.  (Even so, I sometimes switch from
MIG to flux-core to do thicker work.)

The machine has worked fine, and I have gotten more
use from it while working on my '31 Ford (see
31ford.dougbraun.com).

Doug