Re: [Shop-talk] What is this tool?

To: Bill Gingerich <bill@gingerich.us>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What is this tool?
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 22:28:17 -0700
Web stretchers are used by upholsterers for stretching webbing....Canvas
or other fabric webbing used for seat support in upholstered furniture.
  You tack one end of the web to the (wood chair) frame, run the web
across the frame, stick the prongs in the other end of the webbing, put
the other (non prong) end against the other side of the frame and
stretch the webbing around it and tack it down.

Dave C
who hung around an upholstery shop when he was seven or eight, a LONG
time ago.