Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Windows Vista

To: <Pat@HorneSystemstx.com>, "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Windows Vista
From: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:51:43 -0400
Pat posted....

"Yes, viruses can be sent from computer to computer inbedded in files. I
use AVG virus software and haven't had it miss a virus that I know
about. They have a free version, and some other pay versions."

We regularly see Viruses and Spyware and PUPs (Potentially Unwanted
Programs) that both Norton, AVG and Mcafee miss but Eset catches.

Lately one they are all missing is the fake "windows anti-virus spyware"
spyware issue.

I truly don't understand why people don't want to pay $58 for 2 years of
great anti-virus protection (ESET.com). The data you have on your computer
is worth a heck of lot more than that both in time and what you actually
have.

I deal with this EVERY DAY on a variety of platforms..users...programs and
people of different ages...social economic
backgrounds....ethnic....hobbies...

Depending how a computer is used...what sites you go to...who you get your
email from...your habits...all sorts of different scenarios crop up. It
amazes me how the most seemingly normal people end up with the most
outrageous computer issues.

Tony V