Re: [Shop-talk] HB drill press

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HB drill press
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:53:43 -0400
When my Dad bought the larger table top model a few years ago, he gave me the
smaller one.  I found out quickly doing some woodworking that it leaked oil
from the shaft and sprayed it onto my work pieces.  Not the best way to get a
good looking finish.  I've gotten by w/out it since...

Not sure if it always did this, but it wasn't heavily used that's for sure.
You'd probably be OK for doing metal work, though the smaller one might be a
big underpowered.

-PJ> From: bugi1960@gmail.com> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net> Date: Mon, 25 Aug
2008 11:47:54 -0400> Subject: [Shop-talk] HB drill press> > I need an
inexpensive drill press for occasional home use. I don't > need a lot of
extras. Mostly just light car restoration work.> > Will one of the harbor
freight models be OK. Any particular model > that anyone has used?> > Phil
Nase> Quakertown, PA> http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/