Re: [Shop-talk] 2 by's for truck ramp

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, "shop-talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2 by's for truck ramp
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:00:12 -0500
I wonder where the specifications for tensile strength are ??? looked around
on the internet ...found lots of specs on 'manufactured wood"  but nothing
on a common pine 2x10...

I'm sure grade enters into the formula and percent of water and greeness..
(hey !!  I'm politically correct...I'm talking greenness)   but I wonder how
much stronger (resistance to breaking across the wide face when loaded) a
2x10 is compared to a 2x12...  ???

anyone hazard a guess

john