Re: [Shop-talk] Quality Ratchets Snapon FM 70

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quality Ratchets Snapon FM 70
From: Carscarscarz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 02:01:18 EDT
drive
handle,*
*Model FM 70 . . handiest thing in the box but they get misused and both
have been broken for 15 years.

I have one that's about 30 years old - don't remember the date code. It's not
used much but is really handy when needed.

Snap-On changed the part number to FM 70A and then to B (I think). They do
have repair kits. The new sealed head version is FC 936:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=&item_ID=54380&group_ID=12898
&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

The index page for repair parts are:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/parts/product_directory.asp?pid=333151

It may take a while to search through to find what you need. A dealer would
know which kit you need since the basic ratchet mechanisms are common to a
range of handles.

HTH,

~Steve
It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.