Re: [Shop-talk] Squirrel in basement

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Squirrel in basement
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:05:39 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Eric Murray wrote:
> When I trapped small rodents for wildlife studies, peanut
> butter was the bait of choice.  Just about every small mammal likes it.

Someone else mentioned this too...  I'll try it.

> If the squirrel's entry point is still open you can try chasing it
> around the basement to encourage it to leave that way, then close up the
> hole so it can't get back in.

This is another mystery that I don't know the answer to...  I don't live
in the basement or anything, but I can't figure out how it'd have gotten
in.  There really aren't any openings that I know about.

Perhaps came in the attic and shimmied down between the chimney and the
wall?  No clue.

> If you are live trapping don't forget to leave some cotton or other
> fluffy nesting material in the trap so the critter can stay warm
> overnight.

So am I a huge jerk if I don't particularly care about live trapping?
Aren't there like 9 billion squirrels?

Mark