Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vents?

To: cornerexit <cornerexit@gmail.com>, 'Shop Talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vents?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:03:30 -0700 (PDT)
Probably the best idea would be to replace the hose
with a 100% metal flexible one.  I think they don't
even sell the vinyl/metal ones any more.

A rigid pipe (is that what you mean by "ridged"?) is a
pain in the ass when you have to move the dryer.

Also the flexible hoses are cheap enough that you can
simply replace them every couple of years, instead of
going through a lot of trouble cleaning them.
It's definitely cheaper to buy a new hose instead of
one of those "as seen on TV" vent cleaning kits...

Doug