Re: [Shop-talk] Flooding Stalled Car]

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Flooding Stalled Car]
From: Rick Frisicano <friz@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:19:01 -0400
This happened to a friend of mine. He pulled all the plugs and cranked
the engine over a few times. Water came out of the plug holes. He put
the plugs back in and the engine started. He then changed the oil that
same night, changed the air filter, and dried the inside of the air
intake. The engine ran fine for several years after that. It did
everything that night so maybe he got lucky.

Wayne wrote:
> Jim Stone wrote:
>
>> It seems unlikely to me that the water could have gotten into the engine with
>> only a foot of water and I can't believe Volvo would put sensitive
>electronics
>> where they would have been damaged by only a foot of water.  For now, he is
>>

> Quick check:  have him open the air filter box and see if it's wet.  If
> it is, well... the engine may be fubar.  Put the compression gauge on it
> to tell for sure.  Hopefully something less expensive!
>
>    -Wayne
>
> http://www.team.net/archive
>

> No virus found in this incoming message
> Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (4.0.0.26 - 10.100.027).
> http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

No virus found in this outgoing message