Re: [Shop-talk] Gas tank glop

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gas tank glop
From: "Brian Warrick" <bwarrick@conveyorengineering.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:12:17 -0600
My Dad had a similar situation last summer with a '29 Model A Tudor he
purchased.  It was freshly restored 20 years ago and had sat with half a
tank of gas.  He ran E85 gasoline and it cleaned the tank right up.  You
could see the yellow gas in the sediment bowl as it was cleaning, and
eventually the gas turned white as the tank cleaned out.

He also used E85 in the carburetor of a Fairbanks Morse, 5 Hp stationary
engine.  The fuel inlet line has a check ball that will stick from gummy
fuel if it sits too long.  He poured the carb full of E85 and within an
hour the check ball was free.

I would fill the tank with E85, add nuts and bolt, slosh around a few
times a day and drain it in a week and see what it looks like.

Brian