Re: [Shop-talk] Compressor Stand

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Compressor Stand
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:36:43 -0400
Pat wrote:
> As for an easy way to raise the compressor, the HVAC contractor should
> have access to plastic pads that can be stacked and secured to each
> other to get as high as you need. The ones I have under my units are
> about 4" tall They were cheap, and a lot easier than forming and pouring
> concrete under a unit that needs to be held up in the air while the
> process goes on.

Heh, that's funny, a plastic pad is what is under there now. Never
thought about stacking them.

Yes, thick, exotic vegetation that my wife has nurtured from babies for
over 10 years surrounds the compressor. She's unlikely to want to part
with it. Plus where it sits now, dirt washes downhill and into the casing.

Jon