[Shop-talk] compressor in garage expansion

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] compressor in garage expansion
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:08:26 -0500
If the climate permits, put the air compressor
outside, like in a little shed attached to the outside
wall.  It will be much less noisy inside when the
thing is running.

Doug

I did this back in 2000 when I added a 12 x 20 lean too on the back of the
garage.  Used TIPs plan for plumbing
http://www.tptools.com/StaticText/airline-piping-diagram.pdf

have never been disappointed... shop is much quieter and cooler
also...compressors can put out some heat ! the only problem is I have to
listen sometimes to make sure the compressor is running !!!..

also when you set it on the floor put some rubber padding under the feet...
much less noise and vibration.  Some folks use hockey pucks... we don't see a
lot of those in Alabama... I found some 3/4" conveyor belting and used a
double section under each leg.

john

We ought to be glad we don't receive as much government as we pay for...
paraphrasing W. Rogers