Re: [Shop-talk] air over hydraulic bottle jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] air over hydraulic bottle jacks
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:35:20 -0400
I got the same (type) jack for the same purpose last year.  Never
going back to the non-air pump...  :-)

Basically hold down the trigger until you get kinda close and then
'bump' the trigger to get close.  Switch to the hand pump to do the
actual 'mating' of the ram to the part and the you can either hand
pump the job or switch back to the trigger and

At 10/29/2008 at 17:29, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Mark Andy's
keyboard and said:
>Howdy,
>
>Anyone here used an air over hydraulic bottle jack like:
>
>http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95553
>
>?
>
>I'm thinking about getting one for use with my hydraulic press, to
>eliminate the "pump a bunch" deal.  When you use one, do you just
>press a button and the ram extends?  Can the speed be
>controlled?  Does it work some other way?

Cheers!