Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a portable bandsaw

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a portable bandsaw
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:43:25 -0500
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com> wrote:

> (Also, I looked at the parts list for the Milwaukee portable... It seems to
> use the same plastic to steel "bearing" setup for the drive wheels as the HF
> saw uses.)

That may not be as bad as you seem to think.  There are lots of
plastics that are quiet suited for use as plain bearings, even under
fairly substantial load.  They do great things in dirty environments,
where they're run with no lubrication.  Are they solid of one piece of
plastic, or they a two piece assembly, with an inner core, and an
outer harder bit?

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com