Re: [Shop-talk] garage door opener problmes

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage door opener problmes
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:48:24 -0500
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:42 PM, David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I went and bought a new one.  It uses a different set of rails and
> trolley, but the mounting bracket is the same spacing, and the gear
> drive assembly is identical (even has the same part number in the
> manual.)  So I'm guessing it'll just drop in, and I'll decide if it's
> worth upgrading the track and trolley some time later.   When it's
> warm....

Well, it's up, and working.  Installation was a breeze.  The only
problem I had was that got the chain on timed wrong (It was fully
open, the opener was closed, or vice versa.), and it's an incredible
pain to adjust that.  The existing rail bolted to the opener properly,
the brackets from the ceiling lined up perfectly, the existing safety
eye things work, the existing wired control works (though it came with
a fancier one, that can program remotes.), the remote controls come
out of the box programmed to open the door (though, of course, we now
have three garage door openers, each of which use a mutually
incompatible opener.  Sigh.).  I'm very impressed: this is how things
are supposed to work.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com