Re: [Shop-talk] Crescent stainless "gear wrenches"

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Crescent stainless "gear wrenches"
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:48:18 -0600
I've got a set of Armstrong 'flat' gear head wrenches... they are thinner
than the gear wrenches and will handle some torque.  I don't particularly
like the flat wrenches... there is no room for your hand and it's a knuckle
skinner sometimes... I much prefer a little angle on the head... that being
said the flex heads sometimes are just "too" flex for me...

but in certain applications they are all that will work...same for the
flats...  THAT is exactly why I have a cabinet full of wrenches I guess...
anyway... that's what I tell my wife when she ask such silly questions.

my obsession began at age 15 when my dad bought me a J.C.Penny 1/2 ratchet
set for Christmas...

http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon/tools/toolpage.htm

Armstrongs are in the fifth picture down in the right back corner... all the
other 'gear' stuff is gearwrench brand

john