Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 01:30:42 -0500
I use mnemonics and acronyms for everything I can.

the word "hot" is _smaller_ than the word "neutral"

port is alphabetically before starboard, like left is before right

ROYGBIV for the rainbow colors.

FOIL for alegebraic expansions

SOH CAH TOA for trig

etc...

At 12/9/2008 at 12:33, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Karl Vacek's
keyboard and said:
>Don't know that this is the actual reason, but think about the
>danger of little kids sticking things into receptacles.  The hot is
>smaller and thus harder to stick something in and get a shock.
>
>Elegant reasoning, huh ??   ;-)
>

>>In fact I can never remember which blade is which

Cheers!